Wednesday 27 May 2015

Its All About That Base | Flawless Skin



Makeup

Hello guys,

I love make up, I do, and I hold my hands up. It’s just one of those things that makes me happy and cheers me up if I am feeling like a slob or having a fat day. The thing about make up is, it does something totally different for each person whether it be a confidence booster, something to cover any blemishes or scars or even a creative outlet but I simply love it because I love starting off with a blank canvas and creating a different look every day. 

For me, all make up looks need to start with a flawless base and if that isn’t perfect then you might as well wipe it off and start again. I am also a go hard or go home sort of girl which means I have to start off with a good skincare routine, primer, foundation and concealer before adding blusher, or any contouring and highlighting.

After I have washed my face in the morning and applied my current skincare products I then work in a small amount of my Laura Mercier Hydrating Foundation Primer (£29) all over my face. My absolute favourite foundation of life is the Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation (£9.99) which blends so perfectly into the skin. I normally use 1 - 2 pumps and work the product into my skin with my Real Techniques Buffing Brush (part of the core collection £20.99) or my Sigma F80 Flat Kabuki Brush (£18.95). After my foundation is blended perfectly, I move onto concealer. I have been reaching for the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer in Ivory (£5.49) recently, I blend this in with my Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge (£5.99) which sets the concealer perfectly and reduces the appearance of dark circles. After I am finished I set everything with the Paese Cosmetics Bamboo Silk Powder (£9.99). This is a talc and paraben free transparent powder that soaks up excess oil from my t-zone; and then hey presto, I am finished.

I adore the finish I get when using these products and tools as I feel my base looks flawless and my skin looks clear and fresh. After I finish my eyes, brows, blush, contour and highlight I always give my skin a spritz of the Urban Decay De Slick Oil Control Make up Setting Spray (£21) to set everything in place.

These are my favourite products of the moment but it will probably change every time I try something new.  

What are your go to products for a flawless base?
Do you use any of the same products as I do?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring Bourjois Aqua Laque's
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

8 comments

  1. i've never tried the bourjois healthy mix but always wanted to! the rimmel wake me up is fab, i've recently converted to that concealer too. great post, i love seeing what people use on a daily basis x

    http://the-dress-diaries.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leanne! You really need to try the healthy mix, it is seriously amazing xx

      Delete
  2. I love the healthy mix and the rimmel wake me up concealer too, they are amazing. At the moment I am loving the Rimmel Wake Me up foundation as well as the concealer. If you've never tried it I would say for sure give it a go, I love it!♥
    FloralsAndCoralsx // Our Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will pick up a bottle of this foundation, i have heard some great things but never tried it myself. Thanks for the recommendation :) xx

      Delete
  3. I may just have to get one of those sponges..I have a brush I currently use to apply concealer but it just doesn't cover the circles quite as much as I want it to. Do you think a sponge does a better job than a brush?
    Thanks!
    Oheartsan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i always use a sponge for concealer as it helps to cover blemishes and dark circles so much better than any of my brushes, i end up with streaks when i use a brush xx

      Delete
  4. Great picks! I'm a big fan of rimmel's concealer :)

    VioletDaffodils
    xx

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig