Wednesday 3 December 2014

Urban Decay | Naked On The Run Palette

Urban Decay Naked On The Run Palette


Naked On The Run Palette


Urban Decay


Urban Decay Perversion


Naked On The Run Palette


Urban Decay Naked Palette


Naked On The Run Palette Swatches


Naked On The Run Palette Swatches

Hi guys,

I decided to review the Urban Decay Naked on The Run Palette (£37) which was recently launched. As soon as I received the email from Urban Decay I instantly pulled out the credit card and bought it without a care in the world (I will care when I get my credit card statement)

This palette holds everything a girl would ever need. It has a full sized mirror, six brand new eyeshadows, bronzer (Medium bronze matte), blusher (Vibrant Pink w/light shimmer), full size naked lip gloss in Sesso (a rose with pink shimmer), 24/7 eyeliner in Stag (deep brown satin) and a mini Perversion Mascara. All of this for only £37 is incredible, considering a Naked Palette alone would set you back this much.

The eyeshadows are where it’s at really. As I said, they are brand new for this palette and they do not disappoint. They are highly pigmented, glide on so easily and last a while on my oily lids. The shades (L – R) are called Dive (metallic rose with golden micro-shimmer), Fix (soft taupe matte), Resist (medium metallic taupe), Dare (medium brown matte), Stun (metallic bronze w/light gold micro-shimmer) and 5050 (cool bisque satin). I am obsessed with creating new looks with these shadows, my absolute favourite has to be Dive though as I love anything rose coloured.

The bronzer looks a little orange so I was hesitant to use this on my fair skin tone. I used a little bit on a brush and blended it out until it looked natural. The blusher is also bright pink, a shade I would never normally use. I used this with a light touch to prevent me looking like a doll but I can’t say I loved it. I’m just not a pink blusher kinda gal. I prefer apricot/coral shades as I feel they suit me a little better. I do have some Mac blushers which are very pink but I find they blend out beautifully and I can wear them without feeling self-conscious.

What I was most excited for was the extras that came in this palette including the Lip Gloss, Mascara and Eyeliner which I felt would work well for me. The gloss would suit all skin tones in my opinion, the colour is beautiful and it has a slight mint taste to it. The gloss is obviously quite sticky, but not as bad as most I have tried. As always, it would be wise to watch your hair if it’s a windy day though. I have heard a lot of good things about the eyeliners and I have to agree with all the reviews I read. I would not normally pick up a brown liner but this is very dark, almost black and compliments the eyeshadows perfectly. My absolute favourite from the bunch is the perversion mascara though, this has got to be the best mascara I have ever used (for now). The wand is made up of real brush bristles rather than plastic which I love as I feel it is less harsh. This mascara is the blackest of black shades and gives the most amazing volume and length to my lashes, almost making it look like you have false lashes on.

I am highly impressed with this palette. I could do without the bronzer and blusher as they don’t suit my skin tone but as for everything else, I am loving it.

Have you tried this palette?
What other compacts would you recommend?

Have you checked out my latest post featuring The Body Shop Christmas Range?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |  

SHARE:

10 comments

  1. This looks like such a great palette and it's got everything you need in there for a gorgeous makeup look! I am contemplating getting it but i'm not sure since I already have the flushed palette x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would totally recommend it as it has everything in it and its so handy for a night out when you only have to pop this in your handbag and off you go ha xx

      Delete
  2. I want this palette so badly! So so pretty, and actually a great price for what you get x
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The price is amazing, i honestly thought it would be around the £60 mark xx

      Delete
  3. This palette looks lovely and I've been really tempted to buy it since it was announced online. I admit I'm not too sure anymore, though. I'm worried the bronzer and blush just won't work for me. Might have a look in store first. :) x

    Renata | Speaking Beauty UK

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely swatch first. I honestly thought they were going to be too much for me s i have fair skin but they work a treat xx

      Delete
  4. Well done UD, really tempted to buy this now. Thanks for the review x

    www.henryskat.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is such a cool palette! So nice for daily looks! I get overwhelmed with all the choice in the full-sized palettes – it's so hard to use all those colours in two years!

    Tiff | AMtoPM

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha. This is ideal, its so easy to pop in your bag and run out the door knowing you have everything there so you can youch up throughout the day xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig