Friday 28 November 2014

Magnitone Lucid | 7 Day Challenge

Magnitone Lucid* 7 Day Challenge


Magnitone Lucid


Magnitone

Hey guys,

As you may know it as youngest sisters 18th Birthday and she loved every minute of it. She came over to my house so she could rummage through my makeup collection. She obviously picked all the most expensive products so she could feel like a little princess, which she should do on her special day. She looked absolutely stunning. I am forever telling her to go to college and study makeup as well as getting a part time job on a makeup counter as she is amazing at doing makeup.

Liam and I bought her some gorgeous makeup gifts as she has been eyeing up my Christmas Gift Guides so it wasn’t only right that I put my money where my mouth was and spoiled her. I also ordered her some red velvet cupcakes from a girl called Debbie who lives quite near me. They were all personalised for her using some of my favourite pictures of her as a baby, growing up and then becoming a woman. She had the best night possible and she actually let loose which is unlike her. I’m glad she had a night to remember as that’s all you really want on your 18th birthday.

Liam will be home for 3 weeks tonight, which I’m excited for because it means we can buy some Christmas decorations and get the house smelling of Christmas for the 1st December. I love Christmas Markets so we will definitely be hitting the Glasgow markets for some mulled wine and cookies at some point. We also have an adult panto with some friends and a LOT of Christmas dinners with our families so I am very excited.

Anyway, enough about me, let’s get on with this review. I was recently sent a Magnitone Lucid* (£69.99) to carry out their 7 day challenge and review the product. I’m not gonna lie, I know I shouldn’t use products like this on my face as they can seem a little abrasive but I don’t care, I want to try everything so I can give my thoughts on it for you guys.

The Magnitone Lucid claims to give clearer, softer and brighter skin within 7 days, that’s quite a statement. The brush is to be used morning and night to give your face a deep clean where it uses electromagnetic pulsations that send rapid vibrations into skin. It has 10,000 movements per minute. That’s impressive! These vibrations claim to naturally unclog pores, clean away dirt and dead skin cells leaving the skin looking clearer. The brush works in a similar way to the Clarisonic (£125) in the sense that it cleans your face in 1 minute with a beep indicating when you should move onto another area of your face. Your forehead, chin and nose take 20 seconds each and your cheeks have 10 seconds each which is ideal.

When I received this facial brush I was quite impressed with the size of it and the goodies that came along with it. I got a headband to keep my hair out the way when washing, a brush cover to keep it clean, a wireless travel charger and a European plug for when I’m on holiday.

I have used the Olay Professional Face Brush (£39.99) before but I found it was very harsh for my sensitive skin. I know what you’re thinking, why am I excited about this brush if I have already had a bad experience and you are right to ask that, but as I said, I like to try things out and this was an opportunity I didn’t want to pass up as I wanted to compare it.

I completed the 7 day challenge without any problem. I made sure it was the first thing I reached for in the morning and the first thing I grabbed when I took my makeup off. Well that’s a lie, I used makeup remover first, a cleansing balm and then I used this but as I say, I done it for the full 7 days so I could come to a fair judgement.

I used the brush on the sensitive setting for the first 5 days, yes that’s right, it has a sensitive setting for all of us sensitive skin types out there. I put some cleanser in the middle of the brush and used all over my face in circular motions. Every time it beeped, I would move onto another area of my face. It doesn’t beep when you are working on your cheeks though so be mindful of that if you buy this. I was warned that I may break out but I only had a few blemishes on my chin which cleared up pretty quickly. I am really amazed at this, the brush heads are very gentle on the skin so don’t press it onto your face, just move it around in circular movements and move onto the next section once the brush beeps.

I was surprised after 7 days, I really was. My skin felt incredibly softer, it looked clearer and it looked healthier. Some people say you shouldn’t use products like this but after using this for 7 days, I have to disagree as it really does work. I felt like I was giving my skin a deep clean every night and I have to say, it felt good.  Going forward, I will only be using this at night as I don’t feel I need to use it twice a day. Once at night is plenty for me as it makes sure I have removed all makeup before loading up on the skincare products.

Have you tried the Magnitone Lucid yet?
Would you use an electric brush on your skin?

 Have you checked out my latest post featuring Christmas Gifts For Food Lovers?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |  
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Oh this looks like something I would want, have always wanted to try this kind of facial brush and the price is not too bad either. Great review and that might make it's way to my Christmas list :)

    Pams Stuff and Things
    GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks and sounds so similar to my Clarisonic expect way cheaper so will definitely keep it in mind if my one ever breaks down! Great review and I love the hot pink colour you chose x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds fantastic! Seems like a cheaper option for anyone that wants a Clarisonic :)
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats what i thought, im still using it twice a day and can honestly say my skin has never looked or felt better xx

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig