Wednesday 17 September 2014

Alpha H Liquid Gold With Glycolic Acid

Alpha H Liquid Gold With Glycolic Acid

Liquid Gold With Glycolic Acid

Glycolic Acid


Hi guys,

I’m afraid today is all about another Caroline Hirons purchase, this woman is such an enabler. I picked this up a while ago in a rather large haul which you can find here as Cult Beauty had a generous offer on where you bought this and a full sized cleanser for £34.50 which was pretty impressive considering this is £31.50 on its own.

If you don’t know who Alpha H are, they an Australian brand with over 20 years’ experience within the skincare industry. Their main focus is rejuvenating and regenerating the skin to leave it looking perfect. Michelle who is the director of Alpha H suffered from cystic acne in her teens and 20s and couldn’t find anything to assist her so she decided to try Alpha H and wouldn’t you know it, it worked for her. 

I obviously bought the Liquid Gold with Glycolic Acid (£31.50) which is a skin resurfacing treatment. It uses a low pH system which helps with wrinkles, sun damaged skin, acne and blemish prone skin as well as pigmentation problems which is really what I need it for. Due to past blemishes and hormonal cysts along my jawline, I have been left with horrible scars on my face so I need something like this to help a sista out.  

Obviously it has Glycolic Acid which is the main ingredient. This is an exfoliator which safely removes the outer layer of dead cells on the skin. This acts as an overnight facial which will revitalise tired skin, help to bring fresh new skin to the surface and radically improve the appearance of the complexion. It is also great for anti-aging so anyone who is worried about that should try this out. As well as GA, it contains the following ingredients: Aqua, Alcohol Denat, Glycolic Acid, Glycerin, Hydrolyzed Silk, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract, Potassium Hydroxide, Phenoxyethanol, Caprylyl Glycol. 

Like I said, I really wanted this for scars along my jawline which has discoloured my skin and my obvious blemish problem from having oily skin. I have never tried acids on my face before but after reading numerous reviews and listening to Caroline Hirons pipe on about it, I thought why not.

I started using this every second night which was a mistake as it was far too strong for my sensitive skin. I now use it twice per week when I have a pamper night. How I use is to double cleanse, apply a face mask, wash off, apply a toner and then apply this with a cotton pad as it’s a watery product. I normally swipe all over my face and neck which is fine for me but you can take it down to your décolletage if you feel the need. The company suggest leaving it at this stage but on the second night I like to add a thick moisturiser.

I’m not going to lie, it does sting when you first apply. It’s not very pleasant, but once it settles down, maybe 30 seconds or so later, its fine. It’s amazing how long 30 seconds actually feels when your skin feels like that but I assure you, it goes away.  I had a spot on my chin and once this hit it, I almost burst out crying as it stung like a mother******. Sorry for the language but it’s the only word that felt appropriate. So be careful with that ha-ha. I like products like this though as I think they work better when they tingle or is that just me who thinks that?

I have used this for about 4 weeks now so trust me, it’s all you need before you start to see a difference. My skin feels tighter (in a nice way), it looks clearer, healthier and I feel as though it’s actually working on my scars as some of them have started to fade already. Obviously the more hardcore ones want to stay around for a while longer as they don't want to budge.

I can see why this would work on mature skin too as you feel a slight tightening the more you use it, I am only 29 so I don’t have much to complain about in that department but I felt my laughter lines have reduced ever so slightly. Not greatly, but I can see a difference. Obviously for blemish prone, acne scarred or oily skin then this is a gem as it gets right to work. I am in love and would urge anyone to buy it but be careful if you have sensitive skin as it is very strong and it may irritate. I have sensitive skin and I found it to be a bit of a surprise when I used it the first time. After that it was absolutely fine. If you can I would suggest getting a sample before committing to a full size version.

Have you tried this?
Love it or loathe it?


Have you checked out my latest post featuring A Tom Ford Work Of Art?
I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram | 
SHARE:

7 comments

  1. I hear beauty guru Caroline Hirons talk about it all the time and I'm always tempted. I also have a little bit of pigmentation that annoys me, so I really wanna try this but I worry it'll be too harsh on my skin. I'm gonna try to get a sample in Space NK before buying. Great review! :)

    speakingbeautyuk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks bubs, yeah i would recommend a sample first before you commit to buying the full size xx

      Delete
  2. Sounds interesting. I would love to try it if I came across it, though I am a little wary of the stinging part! My skin can be sensitive at times, would you recommend it for sensitive skin even if you only used it twice a week?
    lipstickandlightening.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i would, i would just use it as an intense treatment once per week and cover with moisturiser when it is dry and then if you wanted a 2nd one through out the week i would dilute a little on cotton wool with some water.
      I have sensitive skin aswel but it seemed to work and didn't feel uncomfortable. Try and get a little sample first to see how you get on with it xx

      Delete
  3. I'd love to try this, my chin really needs something to help with scars, uneven tone etc. Bit sceptical though as there seems to be so many 'miracle' products out there and they never work for me! Any idea where I could buy a sample of it from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Gemma, i have no idea where you would get a sample from but i would suggest asking the company directly?! xx

      Delete
    2. Theyre bogof on lookfantastic x

      Delete

Blogger templates by pipdig