Sunday 27 July 2014

Eucerin Dermo Purifyer Active Concentrate

Eucerin Dermo Purifier Active Concentrate

Hey guys,

I haven’t heard of Eucerin before so when I saw the stand in Boots I knew I had to try something, I’m curious, what can I say? My eyes were instantly drawn to the Dermo Purifier Active Concentrate as I was in need of a serum and thought I would give this a try. I was also lucky enough to get this free in the 3 for 2 offer Boots, always winning in Boots with those kinds of deals ha-ha.

As you know, I have oily skin and am prone to breakouts, especially round my chin area so after studying the back of the bottle I bit the bullet and added to my basket. After using My Good Things products, I have noticed a huge difference in my skin but not enough.

When I came home, I instantly took off my makeup by double cleansing and patting dry. I then added toner and waited for it to dry before adding this serum. The first thing I noticed was the smell, it isn’t strong but there is a definite aroma. The texture is very smooth, very much like any other serum but it’s quite watery. I rubbed this between my fingers before applying to my face so that it would be evenly distributed. I loved how quickly it absorbed into my skin which allowed me to apply my moisturiser quite quickly.

After a month of using this day and night, I haven’t noticed much of a difference. It hasn’t blown me away at all. It does feel nice on the skin and absorbs beautifully but that’s all it does. Usually when a product says something, I don’t believe it but I really wanted to believe this would calm down my blemishes but I have still got them. I know its most likely hormonal acne but still, I want to use products that will calm the effects of this. One thing that has changed is the fact that my skin has felt less oily. I noticed that my makeup lasts a lot longer than normal before it starts to get shiny on my tzone. Normally I get a good 8hrs or so with my makeup, but testing it out after using this, I am now getting an extra hour, sometimes two.

Overall, I didn’t fall head over heels. I like that my makeup lasts longer, but any primer and setting spray could do that job. In a serum I want it to do what it promised and this didn’t.

Have you tried anything from this brand before?



Have you checked out my latest post featuring My Mid Week Movie #2?

I can also be found on Twitter | Pinterest | Instagram |

* Some links may be affiliates but all thoughts are unbiased and 100% honest,
*Please click links on pictures for source.
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I'm usually pretty pleased with Eucerin products. However, I just don't feel like any topical medications or creams can really help hormonal acne too much. But if someone did make an effective one, I would be all over it.

    gingercatqueen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i agree i havet found anything to help out in that department but maybe i can in the future ha! Xx

      Delete
  2. Hello Lauren ODowd,
    This is a great review. This is a very good product. This a a very informative post. This product is very good for skin. Thank you for sharing this with us. This is helpful.

    ReplyDelete

Blogger templates by pipdig